Child of God

Outlet for an amazing journey.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

another moment of depression

"Weep! Weep!" my spirit sobs to me.
"But I cannot be weak!" is all I can excuse;
Brokeness is what I need, but what I ask for,
I fear to receive.
The weight of my burden, pushes me to my knees
(the only place that I can be set free);
I resist.
"No! Do not reveal that which I buried deep."
I fear to be discovered in the midst of my imminent break-down;
as if it were a black eye, that would never fade - always boasting my shame.
Yet there is One, who is always asking to see more of me;
for One claims, that inside me is glory, his story, his everything.

1 Comments:

At 12:02 PM, Blogger Lew said...

the finest vintages find their birth in the crushing of perfect grapes... they find their childhood in the darkness of the casque... their adolesence in sour fermentation... their maturity in the revelation of the bottle... their finest hour in death, from bottle mouth to cup to lips...

so have you brought vintages from your depression... May the God who is close to the Brokenhearted continue to press the fine from you, my brother... it lightens the heart of your weary mates...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home